MyMedicare is a new, free and voluntary patient registration model. It aims to formalise the relationship between patients, their general practice, general practitioner (GP) and primary care teams.
Evidence shows that seeing the same GP and healthcare team regularly leads to better health outcomes.
MyMedicare patients will have access to:
- greater continuity of care with your registered practice, improving health outcomes
- Medicare Benefit Scheme (MBS) rebate funding for longer telehealth consultations with your GP (>20 minutes)
- triple bulk billing incentive for longer MBS telehealth consultations for children under 16, pensioners, and concession card holders, from 1 November 2023
MyMedicare registration will not prevent you from accessing care from other practices and healthcare providers.
The longer MBS telehealth items, the new aged care and frequent hospital users incentives, and from November 2024 Chronic Disease Management items will be linked to your registered practice.
As part of your MyMedicare registration, your chosen practice and GP will appear on your My Health Record. This will make sure all health professionals you see – for example, at a public hospital – will know who to talk to about your regular care.
MyMedicare does not tie you to a particular healthcare provider. You can change your preferred GP within your registered practice at any time.
You can choose to withdraw from MyMedicare at any time.
If you register at a different practice, this will automatically withdraw any previous registration and notify the practice.
You’re eligible to register in MyMedicare if you have:
- a Medicare card or Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) Veteran Card
- two (2) face-to-face visits recorded in our practice in the previous 24 months
Parents/guardians and children can be registered at the same practice if one of them is eligible and registered.
A parent/guardian must register a child under 14 years and provide consent on their behalf (children cannot be registered online; please complete this registration form and give to Reception).
Young people aged 14 to 17 years can register and provide consent without a parent/guardian.
How to register
- ONLINE: you can register via Medicare Online (myGov) or on the Medicare Express Plus phone app (online registration only available for adults).
- PAPER: our staff can assist you to register if you prefer to complete a paper registration form at the practice (or if you are registering for a child).
Further information about MyMedicare is available at: