*** UPDATE 04/08/2020: Government-funded Free Influenza vaccines are in stock. Please call for an appointment.
(Private vaccines are out of stock. Please ask us for a script to purchase from the pharmacy prior to coming in for the vaccination).
The following people are eligible for a FREE influenza vaccination:
- Age 65 years and over
- All Children aged 6 months to less than 5 years
- Pregnant women (influenza vaccine can be given at any stage of pregnancy)
- All individuals aged 5 years and over with medical risk conditions, namely:
- cardiac disease, including cyanotic congenital heart disease, coronary artery disease and congestive heart failure
- chronic respiratory conditions, including suppurative lung disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and severe asthma
- other chronic illnesses requiring regular medical follow up or hospitalisation in the previous year, including diabetes mellitus, chronic metabolic diseases, chronic renal failure, and haemoglobinopathies
- chronic neurological conditions that impact on respiratory function, including multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injuries, and seizure disorders
- impaired immunity, including HIV, malignancy and chronic steroid use
- children aged 6 months to 10 years on long term aspirin therapy
- All Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged 6 months and over
Private vaccines are for anyone who does not qualify for the free vaccine criteria above.
(the Consultation for Fluvax-only will be Medicare Bulk-billed, including on Saturdays).
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, we are advocating an earlier influenza vaccination timing than usual, to help decrease the risk of COVID-19 and influenza season coinciding.
Please call and request a “Flu vax appointment”.
** All patients coming for Flu vaccine must be currently well, with NO symptoms of illness (eg. cough/sore throat/fever), NO recent overseas travel in the past 14 days, and NO contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.